Why Learn-Now?

• Public
Started by Jo Gibson 08 Dec 2017 11:55am () Replies (9)

If your new principal said

"Why should we have Learn-Now at this school?"

what would you say to convince them that they have it?

Replies

• Courtney @ Solway (View all users posts) 08 Dec 2017 11:58am ()

I think that we should do learn-now in school next year so that you can have some time away from class and learn something other than math and reading

• Summer @ Solway 2017 (View all users posts) 08 Dec 2017 12:07pm ()

why should we have learn-now? we should have learn-now because it gives you different oppurtunitys like mini market,occ[oppuration christmas child] ,kids conference and lots more most of these are helpful with maths and marketing.

• Jo Gibson (View all users posts) 08 Dec 2017 12:08pm ()

Reply from Te Paea

I think we should have Learn-Now because it's a chance for us to learn outside the classroom and we gain lots of other skills other than maths, reading and writing. Such as controlling a business, technological work, engineering, passion studies and loads more. The technological work involves web pages (I even went home and started making a website), discussions online and research.

• Micahn @ Solway (View all users posts) 08 Dec 2017 12:10pm ()

Learn-Now,don't get me started, has loads of opportunities,like we hold a Mini-Market each year to fundraise for awesome stuff for your school and after you pay back the stuff that learn now teacher bought you.you got some moolah for yourself,the money that we got from our mini market went towards a new sound system and its pretty sick.

Besides all that you can learn many more cool subjects and facts such as there is such fruit as a Mangosteen,you can tell the number of pieces of fruit from the number of lines on the outside.

Learn-Now is full of opportunities and I would definetly recomend it

• Jo Gibson (View all users posts) 08 Dec 2017 12:11pm ()

Reply from Sophie

I started Learn-Now in 2016 and now a year later, I know double as much about the world around me. For example, leadership, working alongside each other - not just on devices all the time; having fun but working hard, and now it will be easier to start a business with the education we've had.

• Neve @ Solway 2017 (View all users posts) 08 Dec 2017 12:11pm ()

"Why should we have Learn-now at this school"

I think we need learn-now at this school because it is a chance to learn lots of others skills that we don't usually use in the classroom. Selling things, counting up money etc. We also get to participate in fun activities like the Mini Market, Operation Christmas Child etc. I think The idea of the Mini Market is a really good idea because i am full of ideas for other mini markets and I think they are awesome.

• Huw @ Solway (View all users posts) 08 Dec 2017 12:25pm ()

Why should you do learn

Now!

Learn now is an amazing experiments. Last year I wanted nothing to do with learn now. This year I gave it  go, and it was really AWESOME! I learnt so much. Stuff about operation christmas child, marking (with the mini market.)  

Also it is different to the classroom, you do lots of team talks, lots of group work and so on.

I think you could do learn now!

• Jo Gibson (View all users posts) 08 Dec 2017 12:38pm ()

Reply from Sam and Oscar

Why I like Learn-Now. It's because you get to get out of the class and at Learn-Now you get to do fun things like painting t-shirts and making crafts with Popsicle sticks - also Kahoot and making quizzes, the mini market and online time.

Join this group to contribute to discussions.

Team Solway 2017

Team Solway 2017

The 24/7 eClassroom for Team Solway students, Masterton.